Saturday 28 July 2012

Algonquin Park 2012 - Day One

Last week Andrea and I - along with a couple of friends - took a long weekend for a canoe-camping trip in Algonquin Park. On day one we set off from the Portage Store on Canoe Lake headed for Tom Thomson Lake; via Joe Lake, Teepee Lake, the Little Oxtongue River, and Littledoe Lake - altogether about 12 km.


The happy paddlers about to set off onto Canoe Lake

Leaving from the docks at the Portage Store

Paddling beneath an old rail bridge

A family of loons on Teepee Lake

A moose at the entrance to Tom Thomson Lake

The same moose, giving me a look

Paddling into Tom Thomson Lake

The view along the shore from our campsite on Tom Thomson Lake

The rocks along the shore of our campsite - perfect steps for getting into the water!

Drying things off in the evening sun
 
A paddle at dusk

An ancient treestump at one end of Tom Thomson Lake

Tree stump texture

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post about Algonquin Park! Also amazing pics! I just have known about this beautiful place and would like to have a visit with my family.

    ReplyDelete